NFL Free Agency Day 1 News and Notes
NFL free agency is less than an hour old but a lot has happened already. Here is a list of everything that has been reported so far:
- According to CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora, the Dolphins have agreed to sign wide receiver Mike Wallace to a 5-year worth on average $12 million dollars a year. Jeff Darlington of the NFL Network reported that $30 million is guaranteed.
- The Steelers have signed running back Jonathan Dwyer to a $1.3 million dollar tender. ESPN’s Adam Schefter first reported the Dwyer signing while the team announced it has tendered offers to nose tackle Steve McLendon, wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders, and running back Isaac Redman as well.
- Tony Gonzalez has told the Atlanta Falcons that he will play in 2013. The tight end told Fox Sports his plan to return after he was cleared by doctors. Gonzalez tweeted “I’m happy to say that after speaking with my family, I’m coming back…The lure of being on such a great team and organization, along with unbelievable fan support was too good to pass up. We have a great shot to get to the Super Bowl, RISE UP ATLANTA!”
- The Eagles released cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha today according to league sources. Philadelphia and Asomugha have discussed a restructured deal in recent days but couldn’t come to an agreement on anything new.
- According to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter, former Raven linebacker Paul Kruger has agreed to a five-year deal with the Browns.
- The Buffalo Bills announced that they have released quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick. The QB signed a six-year $59 million dollar extension in October 2011. ESPN reported that Buffalo’s general manager Buddy Nix said, “in the end, we had to do what we feel is best for our football team and it was a very difficult decision.
- According to ESPN, the Bears have agreed to a deal with tight end Martellus Bennet.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter also reported that the Titans have agree to contracts with guard Andy Levitre and tight end Delanie Walker. Levitre’s deal is reportedly worth $39 million dollars over five years while Walker’s is a four-year contract.
- Schefter also reported that the Seahawks will release running back Leon Washington. The running back tweeted, “Seattle It’s Been Awesome A Ride, Got Nothing Bad 2 Say About The Gr8 NW #12thMan StandUp!!! Like always… #LetsGetIt.”
- According to Jason La Canfora, the Eagles and Buccaneers as well as multiple other teams, are talking to the Jets about cornerback Darrelle Revis.
- A day after they agreed to trade wide receiver Percy Harvin to the Seahawks, the Vikings agreed to a deal with tackle Phil Loadholt. Tom Pelissero of ESPN 1500 reported the deal first.
Follow me on twitter: @MrLauterbachXLJ